“The average adult uses 9 personal care products each day, exposing them to 126 chemicals everyday””89% of 10,500 ingredients used in personal care products have not been evaluated for safety””One-third of all personal care products contain one or more ingredients, classified as possible human carcinogens”These are some of the statistics.Dimethicone (silica), sodium laureth sulfate, methyl paraben, propylene glycol (PG) and fragrance are some of the cancer-causing chemicals found in most daily use personal care products.Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) / Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES)Very often we see many labels with long chemical names, followed by the phrase “derived from …”. SLS / SLES is one of them. We’ll normally see Sodium Laureth Sulfate and in bracket, derived from coconut oil. Consumers are led to believe that these synthetic chemicals must be natural. But this is not true in most cases as what is left after all the chemical processing is usually anything but natural.Used as detergents to dissolve oils and hold dirt to be rinsed away with water, SLS or SLES are found in car wash detergents, garage floor cleaners and engine degreasers. Yet they are even more widely used as a major ingredient in cosmetics, toothpaste, hair conditioner and about… Read full this story
- Sodium Laureth Sulphate - Cancer Causing Chemical or Great Foaming Agent?
- All You Need to Know About Sodium Lauryl Sulphate
- The Health (and Beauty) Dangers of Common Soap & A Top-Recommended Alternative</
- Dangers of Toxic Ingredients in Products Commonly Used
- Toothpaste - What In The World Have I Been Putting In My Mouth?
- Dying to Look Beautiful
- This Article Will Shock You If You Use Toothpaste
- 10 Steps to Getting Top Dollar for Your Home
- How to Make a Buyer Fall in Love With Your Home
- 50 Ideas to Organize Your Home
What Are Those "Garage Floor Cleaners" Doing In My Shampoo? have 300 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 13, 2007. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.