We often hear some people referred to as leaders. And sometimes they are called great leaders. What makes a leader or great leader? What are the essential characteristics of those leaders that are the most valuable performers? I did some research and also did some recollecting of my own experiences with some great leaders and developed what I believe to be the 12 essential characteristics of MVP leaders.
1. MVP Leaders develop and define a clear focused vision. They have a very clear mental image of that vision and they declare their vision.
2. MVP Leaders develop and define a clear mission in their life. It becomes their calling and their purpose in life.
3. MVP Leaders set measurable goals ad objectives and develop a strategic action plan to reach those goals and objectives.
4. MVP Leaders hold themselves accountable and set the example for accountability for others in their organizations.
5. MVP Leaders have a strong code of ethics and live by that code every day.
6. MVP Leaders show total commitment to their vision and mission.
7. MVP Leaders are selfless and will always put duty before self.
8. MVP Leaders are strategic thinkers.
9. MVP Leaders encourage and promote innovation in their organizations and value new ideas for continuous improvement.
10. MVP Leaders are teachers and mentors. They create a learning environment.
11. MVP Leaders demonstrate respect and trust for their staff and employees.
12. MVP Leaders have the ability to remain calm and keep their heads when they are in a crisis.
The above twelve (12) essential characteristics define a very high performance leader. Are you a MVP Leader? Do you possess these twelve essential characteristics? Or are you interested and ready to improve your leadership skills to become a MVP Leader? If you would like additional information and some guidance on how to become a stronger and more effective leader, please contact Glenn Ebersole through his web site at http://www.businesscoach4u.com or by email at [email protected]
- Everything you need to know about flash storage performance
- Mike Trout And Clayton Kershaw Emerge As 2014 MVPs
- Microsoft MVPs dispense free tech knowledge
- This might be Russell Wilson’s MVP year, FINALLY
- MS wants MVPs in Windows, cloud computing, virtualization
- Does attribution matter to security leaders?
- Smart ADCs ensure app performance regardless of the access device and network used
- Stephen Curry Officially Named 2014-15 NBA MVP
- Madison Bumgarner Declared 2014 World Series MVP
- Women leaders in security recognized
- 15 Essential Open Source Tools for Windows Admins
- Best Essential Oils for Sore Muscles and How to Use Them
- 10 faulty beliefs that can doom IT leaders
- Smart cities: 6 essential technologies
- Former World Series MVP David Freese announces retirement
- Why the board needs security leaders to fuel disciplined growth
- IT Leaders Who (Literally) Keep the Lights on
- Resume gold: Establish yourself as an IT thought leader
- Does your company value employees? Why tech leaders should ask this question
- Sharks smell blood when a leader is in trouble
Twelve Essential Characteristics of MVP (Most Valuable Performing) Leaders have 468 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 26, 2007. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.