As a child in Israel, Michael Shvo created an unusual tribute to the metropolis he and his parents had left behind. Along the baseboard of his bedroom, in the small beach town of Arsuf, Shvo pasted a cut paper silhouette of the New York skyline, with its arching bridges and iconic towers. advertisement advertisement Twenty-eight years later, Shvo is poised to bring that childhood fixation to life, by literally transforming the skyline of Long Island City–the tatty industrial section of Queens, just across the East River from Manhattan–into the city he had built in his mind. It won’t be easy. Years of nightmarish political wheeling and dealing are a given. And it’s certain to raise hackles, if only for the sheer hubris of Shvo’s vision. But the 34-year-old real-estate marketing wunderkind has been girding for this challenge his entire life. “In 10 years, I want to say we’re responsible for this skyline,” he says. “We’re in the greatest city in the world, and there’s still an opportunity to put your signature there.” No one ever accused Michael Shvo of thinking small. And with a distinct softening in the property market, even in New York, the odds that his ambition will… Read full this story
- Hope in Motion benefits Stamford Health
- Recruiting In Motion Opens Office In Portland, Maine
- Recruiting In Motion Opens Office In Orlando, Florida
- Motion Trap Went Shopping Online and Bought a Hologram
- Opponents of Burlington City Hall Park redevelopment file motion
- Ryan Reynolds will reportedly film a major motion picture in the Boston area this spring
- Motion on DWI case cites 2 tickets
- Motion on DWI case cites 2 tickets; governor’s son seeking dismissal
- Berding: Cincinnati City Council Motion About West End Residents 'A Threat'
- Jonchuck Attorneys File Motion Calling for New Trial
Shvo Motion have 293 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at March 1, 2007. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.