So what happened in short is this:
1) The Bush Administration made the case for the Iraq War largely based upon the threat of nuclear weapons ‘known to the Administration’ as being actively sought by then President of Iraq and one time CIA Asset, Sadaam Hussein.
2) U.S. Ambassador Joseph Wilson, having diplomatic connections with the current administration in Niger (where Sadaam was allegedly seeking uranium yellowcake) was dispatched by the CIA on orders from the White House, to investigate the alleged transaction.
3) Joseph Wilson returned findings (congruent with 2 other reports on the same topic by equally qualified officially sanctioned U.S. investigators) that the meeting probably took place, but that nothing was sold and no further meetings or transactions took place, and that Niger’s Uranium Mines were in accordance with international law as far as selling nuclear materials to Iraq.
4) President Bush lied knowingly in his State of the Union Address in 2003, stating the now infamous ’16 words’:
“The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa.”
5) Joseph Wilson, knowing Bush’s statement to be false, wrote an Op-Ed piece for the New York Times, refuting Bush’s claim, and providing the public at large with the information that Sadaam Hussein had not purchased uranium from Africa.
6) In clear retaliation to Wilson’s Editorial, (now evident testimony obtained during Lewis Libby’s Perjury Trial) officials within the Bush Administration sent a cold, clear, and highly illegal message to Joseph Wilson and anyone else who dared to provide facts to the public that countered their buildup to war. That message came in the form of an order by Vice President Dick Cheney, authorized by President George W. Bush. The order was to leak the identity of Wilson’s wife, known to the Administration to be a NOC (Non Official Cover) CIA Operative working on weapons of mass destruction in and around Iran. Wilson’s wife’s name, Valerie Plame,and covert identity then became known to the public.The order was carried out by the top aides to the President and Vice President, those being Karl Rove and Lewis ‘Scooter’ Libby.
7) As of the conviction of Lewis Libby, the information is now in the public domain, that Karl Rove and Lewis Libby did in fact carry out this order, leaking Plame’s name to several news institutions, including but not limited to The New York Times and The Washington Post.
We know that the order was given by Cheney, from handwritten notes Cheney wrote to Libby, exposed here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12774274/site/newsweek/
The order was illegal, and so was carrying it out. It was illegal on several counts.
1) It was an act of Treason to reveal the identity of an active covert agent for the United States of America, and thereby expose their CIA Front Operation, Brewster Jennings.
2) It was a violation of the Intelligence Identities Act to reveal Plame’s Identity before the information had been declassified by the President.
3) MOST IMPORTANTLY in terms of this particular article: It was a violation of 50 USC Sec 435 to provide Plame’s identity to the press. This is a federal law, a felony count, and a law specifically written (post Nixon) to curtail political use of declassification and classification by the White House. It applies specifically to all Federal Employees, and specifically to the Executive Branch. Executive Orders do not cancel this law out, they may work within the law, if in accordance with the law.
This article does not attempt to prove the crime of ‘Treason’ or a violation of the ‘Intelligence Identities Act’ otherwise known as ‘ TITLE 50-CHAPTER 15-SUBCHAPTER IV Sec. 421’. This author feels both of those crimes are provable, and cases should be made on both counts against those in the Bush Administration guilty of leaking the covert identity of Valerie Plame-Wilson. This article however will focus specifically on Federal Law 50 USC Sec 435, as conviction of this felony count on it’s own would accomplish the removal of the guilty parties from Government Office.
For a very complete Timeline of the now infamous ‘Plame Affair’, go here:
Here are some of the important dates in this case from that source, these dates outline who specifically leaked Plame’s identity to the press, and who in the press (under sworn testimony) received and/or printed the leak.
Important to note, that according to 50 USC Sec 435, the press has not violated the law by reporting the information, however the person(s) who revealed the information is/are in violation.
12 June 2003: During a telephone call, Cheney told Libby that Wilson’s wife worked in Counter Proliferation.
7 July 2003: Colin Powell receives a copy of a 10 June memo naming Valerie Wilson as Joe Wilson’s wife and as a CIA officer, taking it with him on a trip on Air Force One with President Bush. The paragraph identifying Mrs. Wilson is marked “(S-NF),” signifying its information is classified “Secret, Noforn.” Noforn is a code word indicating that the information is not to be shared with foreign nationals. Condoleezza Rice, Colin Powell, Ari Fleischer, Walter H. Kansteiner, III, and Andrew Card are on the trip, among others.
Sometime before 8 July 2003 Robert Novak has a conversation with Richard Armitage (Deputy Assistant Secretary of State). In that conversation he is told for the first time that Wilson’s wife works for the C.I.A. [Armitage didn’t tell Novak her name; subsequently, after his August 2006 public disclosure that he was the “inadvertent” leak, Armitage has asserted that he did not know her name at the time.] Novak uses an edition of Joseph C. Wilson’s biography in Who’s Who to identify Wilson’s wife by her maiden name, Valerie Plame. According to the reporters Isikoff and Corn, Armitage’s leak was “inadvertent, and the Intelligence Identities Act hadn’t been violated.”
Notice that no mention is made to the violation of Federal Law, 50 USC Sec 435, conviction of which (A Felony) would result in (among other things) removal from office…
8 July 2003: Robert Novak has a phone conversation with Karl Rove in which C.I.A. agent Plame is discussed, according to an unnamed source who had been told not to talk about the case. Novak is reported to have told Rove the name of the agent as “Valerie Plame” and her role in Wilson’s mission to Africa. Rove is reported to have told Novak something to the effect of, “I heard that, too.” or “Oh, so you already know about it.” Rove reportedly told the grand jury that at this time he had already heard about Wilson’s wife working for the CIA from another journalist, but is unable to remember who that was.
8 July 2003: Lewis Libby meets with Judith Miller and tells her about Plame’s work at the CIA.
10 July 2003-11 July 2003: Novak called Bill Harlow, then CIA spokesman, to confirm information regarding Plame and Wilson…According to Harlow, he “warned Novak in the strongest terms he was permitted to use without revealing classified information,” that Wilson’s wife had not authorized the mission and that if Novak did write about it, her name should not be revealed.
11 July 2003: Matt Cooper’s internal Time e-mail message bearing the time 11:07 a.m. is sent to his bureau chief, confirming his conversation with Karl Rove regarding Plame’s Classified Status.
12 July 2003: Washington Post reporter Walter Pincus says an administration official told him, somewhat off topic, that Joseph Wilson’s wife was a CIA analyst working on weapons of mass destruction…
All of these facts and many more were brought to light during Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald’s initial investigation of the leak of Plame’s Identity, and the subsequent Perjury and Obstruction of Justice (among other charges) trial of Lewis Libby. This evidence belongs to the American people, and is there but for the asking of Congress. Patrick Fitzgerald stated in a press interview the day of the conviction, that he would be willing to testify before Congress and provide information obtained during his investigation and trial.
Let’s not forget why Fitzgerald was assigned, to find out who leaked Plame’s Identity, and to bring those individuals to justice.
The initial investigation into this crime, was derailed by Libby, who perjured himself (possibly on purpose) in order to avoid directly testifying to having direct orders from Cheney to leak the identity of Plame. This investigation has not been fully concluded in the eyes of the people, as no charges have been filed to date.
The Perjury Trial succeeded in exposing the evidence Fitzgerald needed, that Cheney (with Authorization from the President, as admitted on national television when he admitted to ‘declassifying’ Plame’s identity) did in fact order the leak. The trial also succeeded in a conviction of Libby, on counts including Perjury and Obstruction of Justice, both of which he committed in order to derail the initial investigation.
This is where we stand today. The evidence has been exposed in testimony before a federally convened grand jury. The Congress now has the power to officially expose that evidence, and it is up to the people to see that the Congress does it’s job by bringing these criminals to justice.
The Law, once again, is: 50 USC Sec 435. The Congress should also investigate charges of violation of the Intelligence Identities Act, and Treason against the United States of America. But the evidence for the first charge is clearly laid out herein, and felony convictions on this charge are the clear choice for the Congress in the months ahead according to this author.
Joseph Wilson and Valerie Plame, remarkably one day after being sent 50 USC Sec 435 and the publishing of my original July 12th, 2006 article on the case, filed Civil Suit against the Bush, Cheney, Rove and Libby, this case is pending, and can be followed at this site: http://www.wilsonsupport.org
My original article can be found here:
Congress can now subpoena Fitzgerald’s testimony and notes to proceed with the impeachment of Cheney, Bush, and Rove. Here’s how that is getting started.
Congressman Henry Waxman, chairman of the House Oversight Committee, said Thursday he wants Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald to testify before his committee about his investigation into the leak of covert CIA operative Valerie Plame-Wilson’s identity. Plame-Wilson, Waxman’s office said, has agreed to testify before Congress on March 16.
Or you can get the full story from Waxman’s website:
The Un-Indicted Co-Conspirators of Lewis Libby are known to be:
President George W. Bush
Vice President Dick Cheney
There may be further Co-Conspirators in this clear knowing violation of several federal laws.
Let it be known that the people of the United States of America demand accountability for these crimes and others, as mandated in the Congressional Election of November 2006. Our Representatives in the Congress have a responsibility to investigate these crimes, and to bring proceedings and charges against those involved.
“The President of the United States would be liable to be impeached, tried, and upon conviction of treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors, removed from office; and would afterwards be liable to prosecution and punishment in the ordinary course of law.” – 1st U.S. Secretary of the Treasury, and Founding Father of The United States of America, Alexander Hamilton
High Crimes are otherwise known today as Felonies, and violating 50 USC Sec 435 is certainly a federal offense, and an act of Treason.
- US Attorney Expects Indictments in US Capitol Breach as Soon as This Week
- Bannon's VERY rocky road to pardon: How millionaire ex-Breitbart chairman who led Trump to victory resigned as chief strategist after fall out with Javanka and was arrested on Chinese fugitive's yacht for 'robbing $1 million from Trump wall donors'
- Batman, Art Heists, Chippendales & Judy Garland’s Slippers: The Podcasts To Watch Out For In 2021
- Google self-driving car engineer who stole 14,000 files of trade secrets before going to work for Uber is pardoned by Donald Trump
- Details From FBI Probe Into Capitol Riot Reportedly Point to 'Coordination' of Violence
- How Treason And Thoughtcrime Are Easier Than Ever In Biden’s America
- Alleged Dog Fighting Ring Busted, 11 People Arrested Also Face Drug Charges
- Delhi court issues arrest warrant against Hafiz Saeed for money laundering
- Jared Kushner’s Rise to Unimaginable Power
- Lori Vallow's brother called 'doomsday leader' Chad Daybell for a BLESSING on the day he died - as unearthed footage shows him joking that attacking her third husband 'was the right thing to do'
- Fiat Chrysler Agrees To Plead Guilty, Pay $30M In UAW Probe
- Trump ‘considering preemptive pardons for his CHILDREN and Giuliani’ over fears they could be hounded by Biden
On The Un-Indicted Co-Conspirators of Convicted Felon Lewis 'Scooter' Libby have 2134 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 11, 2007. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.