American education has to become more competitive yesterday.As published in Discover Magazine, January 2006:The performance of U.S. students in middle and high schools on international math and science exams is below the average of 38 other countries. Even advanced American math and physics students score near dead last among students in 20 tested countries, the panel reported. Since 1990 the number of bachelor’s degrees in engineering has declined 8 percent; in mathematics, 20 percent. While 32 percent of U.S. students graduate with degrees in science and engineering, the figure in China is 59 percent.With the American economy so dependent on oil and oil related products it is absolutely imperative that America stop lagging behind in education and take the lead once again.With countries in the Middle East like Qatar having vast oil and natural gas deposits making a huge effort today to start the transition of their economy from an oil based one to a knowledge based economy should be a significant warning sign to the United States. These people have some of the largest oil reserves in the world and they are aggressively planning for an economy not based on oil.As was stated in April 7, 2006 issue of… Read full this story
- Indonesian women’s sexual abuse and rape threats in palm oil fields linked to top beauty brands
- Getty family tree and net worth: From John Paul Getty and John Gilbert to Ivy, who’s who in the American oil dynasty
- Investigations reveal sexual abuse, grim labour conditions in palm oil fields linked to top beauty brands
- Now pull on those big-boy pants – and get that jab, writes ALEXANDRA SHULMAN
- Hanoi teacher has no plans to retire from painstaking task
- We need scientists to quiz Covid consensus, not act as agents of disinformation
- What a way to run a country! The hatreds, tears and tantrums behind the ousting of Dominic Cummings revealed - and the 'victory party' thrown by Carrie Symonds to celebrate
- Birdwatching with Jonathan Franzen: 'Climate change isn't the only danger to birds'
- From a speech therapy app to a gadget that banishes bug bite pain, 10 top family-friendly products all parents should know about
- Empathy, analysis and attention to detail highlight this week's free learning resources
For Education: The Writing is on the Oil Well have 360 words, post on ezinearticles.com at November 1, 2006. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.