You’ve seen it. You’ve heard about it. God willing, you haven’t experienced it first hand. But we have all been subjected to the violence in our streets and wonder what can be done. Every major philosophy and every major religion that I know of and certainly the bible that I know says that light dispels darkness. This will be the basis of my ideas that I will set forth in the coming months. I believe that the good people of our fair city have been driven indoors by the fear of the bad people. You hear that it is time to take back out streets! But no one seems to know how! The bible also says that “perfect love casts out fear”. If we are to get over our fear, then we must love. Who may you ask? Well I’m not going to ask you to love the murderers and drug dealers. That is God’s job.
I’m asking for all of us to love the most important things in our lives! Our children. How do we keep our children safe? Be where they are. Or know that there are responsible adults where they are. At all times! Is that possible? I say yes. In the coming weeks and months I will give you concrete examples of how we used to do it when I was young and how we today can do the same. It will involve all of us. But there is safety in numbers. We will not get rid of the murderers and drug dealers. My hope is to drive them underground and under the rocks they came out from. With your help we can.
Alan “Bud” Speaker
- Celebrate Winter with a FREE Family Day at the Everson Museum
- SJCC Family Day at UC Santa Cruz
- Around Town: Sonic Free Family Day returns to OKCMOA
- Short North Brewery hosts family day to promote community
- Celebrate Creek culture Saturday at Native American Family Day
- Free family day at the Everson Museum in Syracuse
- The Gardens makes every day a family day
- Illegal day care operator in Western NY faces record $440,000 fine
- Mother, boyfriend convicted of aggravated murder in the death of Aniya Day-Garrett
- Tiger Woods turns Par 3 contest at Masters into family day
- Youngest Manson Family killer seeks parole again
- So long sugar: Join our 28-Day Sugar Free Challenge
- Islas Canarias Has a Heart-Shaped Croqueta Box For Valentine's Day
- M-DCPS to Observe ‘Take Our Daughters, Sons to Work Day’ on Feb. 1
- ‘90 Day Fiancé’ Star Fernanda Flores Seemingly Slams Jonathan Rivera on Instagram With Ode to Dog
- After Hurricane Michael, a family pushes toward rebuilding, divided between emotion and economics
- Whistle pigs and a frozen shower. Here’s what I learned at my first Groundhog Day bash.
- Louisiana Tech celebrates Fan Day at J.C. Love Field
- Super Bowl 2019 Pizza Deals: Pizza Hut, Domino's and More Offer Specials for Game Day
- Standard Deviations: A Valentine's Day of pickles, cockroaches and meteorites
Family Day have 480 words, post on ezinearticles.com at August 3, 2006. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.