In case you have been hiding in a mud hut in Namibia with Angelina and Shiloh for the past month, Phil Mickelson came to the 72nd hole at Winged Foot last Sunday, slipped on a banana peel, fell sideways into the pond and drowned. He only needed to par 18 to win the U.S. Open. Only. The hole was a 450 yard par 4 into the wind on which the average score on the hole among the leaders on Sunday was 5.8. The accusation against Phil is that he should have forsaken his new longest ever shafted Driver and gone with the 4 wood.Why?He had hit 2 fairways that day. Who says that he couldn’t hit a third? Johnny Miller absolutely crucified him for this decision and Phil Himself crucified Himself as being the biggest idiot since Roberto DeVicenzo signed his scorecard incorrectly at Augusta thereby costing himself the tournament. Phil over cut his driver onto the roof of the hospitality tent and the ball kicked back in bounds into the rough. Phil had no sickle and was caught in a big pickle. Earlier in the round he had tried to hit a 4 wood out of the rough from… Read full this story
- Phil Mickelson says Tiger Woods' golfing prime will be 'unrepeatable'
- Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson tee off on each other ahead of Players first round
- Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Rory McIlroy shoot scores in 60s, but they're not celebrating
- Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson improve relationship with age
- Golf: Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson improve relationship with age
- Steve Stricker draws inspiration from youthful Phil Mickelson
- How to watch Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson go head-to-head today
- Mickelson’s dress shirt steals the show
- Woods and Mickelson improve relationship with age
- Tiger’s best golf will never be repeated, says Mickelson
Golf Blogs Crucify Phil Mickelson have 291 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 23, 2006. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.