When I was young I realized that I looked at the world from a different perspective.
Early on this caused me trouble and for a period of time I kept quiet about what I
saw and denied my own understanding. I kept my ideas to myself and wrote my
observations in a private diary rather than speaking them out loud to many people.
Then I began meeting people who wanted to hear my view on things. And pretty
soon there were quite a few people asking for my perspective. Over the years I have
gotten bolder and braver. I have stopped being concerned about what others think
me and instead really enjoy watching the lights go on when I offer my passionate
perspective in a way that helps and uplifts others.
Here is the thing. Most of us dream big and think small. The two are not a very
effective combination. Especially for those of us who are serious about really living
our dreams not just having fantasies about them. Big vision and constricted thinking
creates frustration and tension. And since our behaviors are motivated by the good
or bad feelings we generate within ourselves we would be wise to get familiar with
our thoughts, weed out the ones that restrict us and choose self-empowering ones
that encourage us instead. If we really want to bring our greatest desires into
realities we need to develop flexibility and agility in our minds instead of holding
out in our solid and locked positions. Thinking small inhibits passionate living.
Our big dreams are magnificent. They propel us forward to have adventures, to take
on challenges and to attract opportunities that we might never have imagined. But
in order to enjoy what we encounter we need to hold our dreams in a broader
context. We need to stretch wide open those places inside of us that are shut or
closed up. Why? Because expanding our perspective liberates all sorts of energy. It
gives us access to many positive qualities that belong to us and enrich our day-to-
day experiences. We are, in essence, so much more than even our biggest dreams
hint of. Here’s a list of twelve of those natural qualities and quick ways to connect
o The energy of Freedom comes when we stop restricting ourselves.
o The energy of Clarity comes when we tell ourselves the truth about what we
are really wanting.
o The energy of Peace comes when we stop fighting what is and instead get
curious to see what kinds of learning opportunities are in front of us.
o The energy of Love comes when we release our judgments and instead decide
to extend positive feelings.
o The energy of Health comes when we accept ourselves exactly as we are right
now and choose to do good and pleasurable things for our selves.
o The energy of Balance comes when we recognize the bigger picture and take
all factors into account when making our decisions.
o The energy of Creativity comes when we take responsibility for our choices
o The energy of Joy comes when we value happiness over suffering.
o The energy of Abundance comes when we appreciate what we have right now
and trust that there is an ongoing flow of goodness available for us.
o The energy of Wisdom comes when we recognize and acknowledge our own
link to higher intelligence and are willing to ask and receive guidance.
o The energy of Power comes when take responsibility for our thoughts, feelings
o The energy of our own Magnificence comes when we acknowledge our
uniqueness and decide to live authentically.
Sound simple? Yes, and it takes practice. We have learned the value of physical
exercise. Now we know there are internal creative muscles that have a lot to offer us
if they are exercised also.
- Hey small thinkers, you lose. Sacramento dreamed big with the Kings, and it paid off
- Big Dreams for a Small Business - Flower Shop
- Big Dreams for a Small Business: Social Media Consultant
- 1971 Dodge Charger – Dream Chaser Charger
- The Court Report: A coach's pink hair, a mid-major star bangs the drums for his team and Big Ten-ACC Challenge picks
- The Court Report: A coach's pink hair, a mid-major star bangs the drums for his team and ACC-Big Ten Challenge picks
- Nelson Racing Engines Small Block Chevy – Project F-Bomb!
- Dart SHP 427 Small Block Engine – The Anti LS Part 2
- Selling the dream: how car ads evolved
- 20 Unique Rides From the 2017 Woodward Dream Cruise
- ‘Big Daddy’ Don Garlits still chasing drag racing records, more innovation at 86
- Comment: what's in your dream garage?
- A modern, classic Mustang. No, I'm not dreaming
- Make Big Power With Your Magnum 5.9L Mopar With These Heads!
- Hilborn-Injected Big-Block 1956 Chevy Bel Air with Five-Speed Trans
- Wonder Why Hollywood’s In Love With Mopars? This Insider’s 1970 Plymouth Road Runner Is A Big Reason!
- 1970 AMC Trans-Am Javelin – All-American Dream
- 1955 Chevy Truck – Sweet Dream
- 1968 Big Block Dodge Dart – Rare Find
- May 2006 Dream Car Of The Month
Are you Dreaming Big and Thinking Small? have 833 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 10, 2006. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.