Without question, squad-based shooters have steadily grown in popularity since the release of the first Rainbow Six game, and that popularity has been fueled by subsequent releases like SWAT 3 and Counter-Strike. Codemasters has decided to jump into the genre with its own squad-based game, Operation Flashpoint, but unlike the aforementioned games, Operation Flashpoint offers more than a few interesting features to distance itself from other games in the genre. Most notably, there is a wide selection of vehicles to choose from that includes jeeps, troop transports, tanks, and helicopters, just to name a few, but the developers at Bohemia Interactive have designed the controls in a simplistic manner that prevents Operation Flashpoint from turning into a complete vehicle simulation. However, Bohemia Interactive does want Operation Flashpoint to be one of the most realistic squad-based games to date, and it shows even in the back story. The game takes place in 1985, when a rebel faction breaks off from the Soviet Union. The United Nations takes action by sending you in with a Special Forces team to eradicate the rebel force and restore stability to the area. Your first mission in the rebel territory lets you become familiar with the… Read full this story
- Minerals forum flashpoint for protest
- FA Cup preview: 11 Sussex clubs face an exxciting afternoon
- FA Cup preview: 11 Sussex clubs face an exciting afternoon
- FA Cup preview: 12 Sussex clubs face an exciting afternoon
- Trucks RECAP: Monster Jam preview at the Ricoh in Coventry
- E3 2019: Ghost Recon Breakpoint hands-on preview
- St Pauls Carnival director to preview festival on Ujima Radio
- The ultimate Championship preview
- Operation Kashmir: Has Modi checkmated Pakistan?
- Our expert’s tips and preview for Derby Day at Epsom
Operation Flashpoint Preview have 273 words, post on www.gamespot.com at May 17, 2006. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.