DEPRESSION in Teenagers and ChildrenA while ago I did a blog about Adult depression. While doing the research on Adult depression, I learned quite a bit of information about depression in general, in addition to what I already knew because I suffer from this condition myself. What I didn’t know, however, is just how prevelant this condition is in the population at large, and in children and teens in specific. One source said that depression is close to the top psychological condition in the western world (more about what this means in a later blog; it’ll take a whold blog to talk about what this means).This article will cover the following: teenager and children depression statistics; teenager and children – specific depression symptoms (for “general” symptoms, check out the Adult blog), and, what you, as the parent and/or gaurdian, can do if you recognize the symptoms in one of yours. (Remember, the following information comes from many Internet sources.)TEENAGER AND CHILDREN DEPRESSION STATISTICSAs many as 8.3% of teenagers in the U.S. suffer from depression. Suicide is the third leading cause of death in teenagers.As many as one in every 33 children and approximately one in 8 adolescents may have depression…. Read full this story
- Treatments For Depression In Children-Adolescents
- Teenage Depression - How to Knock Depression Out!
- How to Know if You Have Anxiety Depression
- Depressed Teens
- Is Your Teenager Suffering From Depression? Clues Every Caring Parent Should Watch For!
- Depression in Teenagers - Now What Can We Do?
- Child Depression Treatments - Dedicated Guide To Child Depression Treatments
- Treatments For Teenage Depression Guide
- Divorce and Child Depression - Are They Related
- Depression Education
Depression In Teenagers & Children have 271 words, post on ezinearticles.com at January 14, 2006. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.