Smuggling cases down at Quang Tri’s duty-free gate (29-12-2005) Customs officials check goods at the Lao Bao International Border Gate in Quang Tri Province. — VNA/VNS Photo Bui Tuong QUANG TRI — Smuggling of illegal goods like wine and cigarettes at the Lao Bao international border gate in Quang Tri Province has declined from previous years, according to local customs officials. The drop-off in smuggling may be due in part to a decision of the Prime Minister that made the importation of all goods into the Lao Bao special economic and commercial zone duty-free. The removal of duties also removed some of the incentive to smugglers, although a few are also taking advantage of loopholes in the policy. Nguyen Ngoc Hai, deputy chairman of the Lao Bao zone, noted that it is difficult to stop some from buying duty free goods for further trading. A single individual can only buy duty free goods one time only, of a value not exceeding VND500,000. Some have gotten around this by bringing young people over age 18 with them who can each buy the maximum amount of goods. Another factor in the reduction in cross-border smuggling in this area is that imported cigarettes…
- Quang Tri new water supply system built
- Govt restores duty-free replenishment facility for jewellery exporters
- Free RezMelts - Stop! Discover How You Can Try Rezmelts Free (You Can Test the Fountain of Youth!)
- Gujarat: Rs 1,300 crore gold smuggling case mastermind held
- Try Some Free Acai Berry Samples Before Buying a Whole Pack
- Try a Free Offer to See If Resveratrol Pills Are For You
- Try Online Free Blackjack Games to Sharpen Your Blackjack Skills
- Stay Connected With Your Indian Friends Abroad - Try the Free SMS Services
- Looking For Places That Are Hiring Right Now - Try This Free Tool
- Is Your Computer Running Slow? Try a Free Registry Scan Today!
Smuggling cases down at Quang Tri's duty-free gate have 313 words, post on at December 29, 2005. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.