“What age should my child start school?”This is a common question that concerns many parents. It is complicated if your child’s birthday happens to fall near a closing date for new school enrolments.There are many factors to consider including: a child’s gender, his or her general readiness and maturity and also family circumstances such as sibling proximity.However as a general rule I advise parents not to rush children down the academic track. It is tempting to get children off to Pre School or school at the earliest possible age, particularly if your child is socially aware and generally a bright spark.It is a mistake to assume that an early start in any area is a good start. The Finnish experience stands out as a beacon for parents and educators all over the world. Even though Finnish education authorities have delayed the start of school until as late as seven years there appears little or no gap between educational performances at the later end of school. In fact, in terms of dropout rates and readiness for further education those kids seem streets ahead.Currently, in many Western countries we seem to hell-bent in shaping environments for kids from the earliest possible ages… Read full this story
- Parent's Guide To Unsafe Lead Levels In Memphis Schools
- How Can I Help My Child Transition to a New School?
- Nick Clegg defends free school meals for children aged six and seven
- ‘Working-class children get less of everything in education - including respect’
- Minister says spending review will ease pressure on schools
- Welsh teenagers learn from South Korea school swap
- Katy-area calendar of events for the week beginning Dec. 4
- New-age classrooms – Using tech to empower students beyond school
- A school where teachers don't 'teach'!
- More than 30,000 children under age 10 have been arrested in the US since 2013: FBI
Starting School - What Age Should Children Begin School? have 304 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 22, 2005. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.