LOS ANGELES (May 19, 2005) — With Memorial Day weekend, and summer fast approaching, EMS, first responders, and water safety advocates, are bracing for the unthinkable – the unfortunate drowning accidents in backyard swimming pools that annually claim the lives of nearly 500 children under the age of five, and an estimated 2,800 “near-drowning” incidents.1The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports, for every child who drowns, six more children are involved in “near-drowning” incidents – accidents that can lead to permanent neurological damage, life-long disabilities, and leaving the parents with catastrophic medical costs and years of recovery and therapy.”The family swimming pool is supposed to be the center of fun and recreation,” said Todd Appleman, president and founder of http://www.eSafetyAlert.com, a safety products company that offers the one-of-a-kind Safety Turtle® immersion alarm that sets off a piercing siren the instant a child falls into the water.”The problem is swimming pools are very dangerous for young children, particularly toddlers. Drowning is the leading cause of death for children under five and is the second leading cause of death for children under 14.”Appleman feels so strongly about helping to prevent drowning incidents, in 2004 he launched an educational website, http://www.PoolSafetyNetwork.org featuring information… Read full this story
- All white furnishings, sprawling archways and a GIANT swimming pool (that she's never used): Inside Kim Kardashian's minimalist mansion with Kanye West... that she insists IS kid-friendly
- Summer reading: dive into the perfect book
- Michelle Keegan and Mark Wright's 'plans for £1.3m Essex dream home AT RISK after row with council over foul sewage disposal and contaminated land'
- Father's Day getaway! Trump heads to 'very rustic' Camp David instead of his usual boltholes for the first time as President, with Melania, Barron and the in-laws in tow
- Michelle Keegan and Mark Wright’s dream home renovation plans at risk
- Larry Wilmore, Joni Mitchell, and More Share Their All-Time Favorite
- Residents rally: Decision not to repair or replace Gus Young pool 'devastating' for economically depressed area
- The ultimate summer playlist: 21 golden tracks chosen by 21 artists
- From a rave-inspired workout and a walk under the stars to wild swimming and singing in a choir: The new breed of summer festivals that will leave you refreshed not frazzled
- Walking Time Bomb
Summer Marks the Time to Remember Active Supervision Around Family Swimming Pools have 365 words, post on ezinearticles.com at May 20, 2005. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.