A seat belt is one of those things in life that just doesn’t make sense to about 40,000,000 people in the United States. After all, freedom of choice is the Free World cornerstone and when it comes to our automobiles, we want to ride them any way we choose.”Liberty or death!” shouts a protestor on the nightly news. He values his God-given Freedoms to drive without fear of an illegal search and seizure. “The people,” he contends, “aren’t idiots and can govern their own safety.” Courts determine whether driving without a seat belt is a Right or a Privilege, but “by God we will defend our freedoms ’till our dying breath.”Unfortunately, that’s just what happens each year.What these people don’t realize is just what choice they are making when they drive without a seat belt wrapped around everyone in the car.Government and industry have sponsored multi-million dollar safety seat belt awareness campaigns for decades. Usage has climbed, but only slowly through the years until recently.It’s easy to recognize at least one popular national slogan:Buckle Up For Safety Seat Belts Save Lives Buckle Up America Officer Friendly would appear in class to teach all about car safety. He didn’t come into… Read full this story
- On board the 'Refugee Express': MailOnline joins thousands of migrants crossing Europe on the railways to start a new life in Germany... and watch Chelsea play football in UK
- Grand Tour’s James May feels fit and healthy after three ‘glorious’ months away from Jeremy Clarkson & Richard Hammond
- Inside Scientology
- ‘Killer attorney’ Roy Den Hollander railed against ‘lazy Latina judge’ in his hate-filled anti-feminist screed
- Nick Cave: 'I have to spend hours talking to fucking idiots like you'
- Tinubu’s rumoured bid and its amusement
- Under Imran Khan's leadership, what does the future of Pakistan look like?
- America’s Got Talent LIVE – Latest updates from AGT
Your Money, Your Life, or Your Seat Belt have 316 words, post on ezinearticles.com at January 25, 2005. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.