Attendees of Alan Cooper’s addresses nod their heads in unison as if placed in a hypnotic trance. Cooper’s ability to strike that common chord, not only in all Web developers but in everyone in the IT industry, only strengthens his grip on attendees’ bodies and souls and forces designers to question their assumptions. He makes his point not with evangelical fervor but with words measured to impact his listeners’ intellects. The inventor of Visual Basic, Cooper has solidified his bid for prophet status with best-selling books and keynote addresses, and has popularized the concept of interaction design strategy and personas. The three basic tenets on Cooper’s road to salvation are minimalist design, fast page loading, and robust error management. Cooper’s commandments One size does not fit all; one Web page cannot serve all of your visitors, even as an entry point. Don’t demand commitment–or anything else–from your visitors. Provide lots and lots of detailed, useful information in multivariate form. Don’t make users navigate through a complex, hierarchical Web site only to find that they have to use the phone to get answers to questions. The only time that animation is called for on a computer screen (aside from in the… Read full this story
- Authorities Investigating Vandalism, Explosion At El Monte Church
- 'Eight weeks to go until my life changes!' Jake Quickenden cradles pregnant girlfriend Sophie Church's bump as he brands her a 'superwoman'
- Ireland: 9,000 children deaths in church-run homes, report finds
- Sex abuse victims deserve financial compensation from the Catholic Church, Irish children's minister tells the Pope amid calls for the pontiff to follow up his apologies with decisive action
- Head of the Irish Catholic Church apologises to survivors of brutal homes for mothers and babies where 9,000 children died during decades of horror through the 20th Century
- Visiting old pink Catholic Church in Da Lat
- Church in Nha Trang a piece of architectural art
- Church Pays Off $5 Million of Iowans' Medical Debt for Christmas
- 'Liberal' Churches Warned of Possible Attacks Around Biden Inauguration Day
- Gwen Stefani finally gets her marriage to Gavin Rossdale annulled by the Catholic church... after her engagement to Blake Shelton
The church of usability have 355 words, post on www.zdnet.com at May 9, 2001. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.