Hey Kids! The National Aeronautics and Space Administration has a special offer for you! NASA wants to send your package into orbit. Never thought you could afford to own your own space program? Well now you can! Just make out a check for $500 and mail it to the Director of Financial Management, Code BF, NASA Headquarters, Washington D.C., and NASA will reserve for you a one-and-a-half-cubic-foot package on a space shuttle flight in the early 1980s. “You will receive an acknowledgment in approximately 10 days,” says the NASA bulletin that makes this offer. “Then we will be working together to make your Space Experiment a reality!” There’s a little more to it, but not much. You can put anything you want in your package as long as it’s “related to a scientific or technological objective,” weighs less than 60 pounds and isn’t likely to blow up or emit deadly gas or be otherwise obnoxious. And that $500 is only a down payment, with the balance ($2,500) due one year before your package – called, in NASA parlance, a “Getaway Special” – is scheduled to fly to orbit and back. But don’t delay. More than 252 Specials have already been… Read full this story
- Nasa picks Elon Musk’s SpaceX for world-first mission to deflect ‘hazardous’ MOON in 2022 – by crashing a spaceship into it
- Hotel of the week: Princess Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort, Lanzarote
- Asteroid the size of 2 London buses to pass Earth closer than the moon tomorrow
- Nasa asteroid alert as FIVE rogue space rocks to skim past Earth at 50,000mph tomorrow – and one is 220 feet across
- Meteorite smashed into Moon during January’s lunar eclipse at 38,000 miles an HOUR – creating 50ft crater
- Russian Scientist Dubs Asteroid NASA Warned About ‘a Casual Event’
- Massive asteroid to whiz by Earth
- Close Passage? GIGANTIC Asteroid Swings Past Earth at 43,450 km/h Over WEEKEND
- 1,100ft-wide asteroid on course to pass close by Earth
- Spacecraft lands on asteroid to explore 'secrets of the solar system'
Farms on the Asteroids: Hotels on the Moon have 322 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at October 19, 1978. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.