He soon started teaching at the International School in Porches. His spare time did not last long as it soon was filled with requests from friends to tutor their children at home.
Together with the help of parents the tutoring moved to an area called Val Verde and the Vale Verde College was started in a disused primary school at Quatro Estradas.
Jok was an excellent teacher with a warm heart and a held a fund of knowledge on a vast array of topics. He always went to school with tremendous happiness and pleasure in his heart.
This was a man who believed in teenagers. He always enjoyed his teaching and so did the students who often were delighted when Jok forgot to give them homework.
Jok and Trudy´s work is continued at the Aljezur International School, a school you never hear a bad word about – this is as it should be, just like in Jok and Trudy´s days there.
His wisdom and knowledge are missed.
Trudy van der Steeg, January 2019
- Here's Who's Presenting at the 2018 CMA Awards
- Matt Rhule's rejuvenation of Baylor reaches a roadblock in Big 12 kingpin Oklahoma
- Buy Low Alert: Jacoby Brissett is Projected to Be the #12 QB the Rest of the 2019 Season...Behind Baker Mayfield and Ahead of Derek Carr
- BANKING INDUSTRY: Top 10 landmark developments of 2018
- Mother's Day 2018: Virat Kohli Wishes The 'REAL Superheroes' With A Heartwarming Tweet
- Christchurch Updates: New Zealand Has Banned Viewing And Sharing Of Mosque Attack Video
- Buy BHEL, target Rs 62: Kunal Bothra
- Winter Olympics: Russia beat Germany 4-3 to win gold medal in men's ice hockey
- As Justice S A Bobde takes over as CJI today, Here's all you need to know about the judges of the Supreme Court
- Ευρωπαϊκή εκστρατεία κατά της πλαστικής σακούλας